Friday, January 7, 2011

Ice Creamery, walking Jasper...and talking Starbucks...!

Ice Cream
========

Took Sophie and Lucie to the local creamery after school yesterday at our local 'Plaza' (shopping centre). I dont think any of us had ever seen anything like it! The ice creams were the size of footballs - Sophie had two toppings 'mixed in' they rolled the ice cream around marshmallows etc........I asked for a childs size of Swiss Chocolate, the chap couldnt understand what I wanted until I asked for 'Chocolate Swiss!!' when it arrived it was the biggest ice cream I had ever eaten and was delicious.....

Talking Starbucks
=============


This is our local Starbucks at Aspen Landing shopping centre two minutes away-its a Drive Through! I drove through yesterday and was busy looking at the menu when the intercom asked : 'how are you today?'. I replied, 'Good, thanks - and you?' The intercom replied that they were fine - then I was finally able to order my coffee....so many to choose from.  My usual tipple is 'Tall, brewed, ...with Room'...' this means a normal coffee with space to add your own milk!

Jasper off - leash park
==============

Japser in his element at the off leash park every morning which is basically a massive party for dogs - they all race around chasing each other and the owners are sooo friendly and laid back. All the dogs so far have been very good natured, if there's a grumpy one the owners usually keep it on a lead:

Lucie is off to a friends house this afternoon - her friend from Aberdeen who has a strong Canadian accent- and her Mum has very kindly invited me for coffee which will be lovely.

Sophie has gone on a French lunch today (lunch at a French restaurant in Calgary) and forgot to wear the formal uniform, it was lovely to pop round with blazer etc in just four minutes door to door!

No comments:

Post a Comment